Do you rack your brain on how to change name on NIMC Portal because you made a mistake during the registration or due to the fact that you were single but now you are married and need a name change? Whichever the issue with the current mistake with your phone maybe, you can now solve it without undue stress and heartache.
It is very necessary for you to do your National Identity Management Commission registration to get your National Identification Number as your NIN is a document that proves your identity as a Nigerian and you cannot do any valid transaction without your NIN either when you have the hard copy National Identification Card or when it is still in the NIN slip.
We all know that it is obvious that no human induced or controlled process can be faultless and flawless without any course for editing and or revisiting in form of review. This is also true with your registration process for your National Identity Number and Card through the National Identity Management Commission. So it is good for you to know how to current any errors that may be identified after the completion of the registration process. So let us start by knowing how to change name on the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Portal after such a name has been registered with the NIMC Portal.
The NIMC registration process starts with the pre enrollment which is done offline and captures information that will be keyed into the online platform when there are being entered. The registration is free and can be done at all Local Government Areas Headquarter National Identification Management Commission offices across all Local Government Areas in Nigeria. Also, the state offices are found in all state headquarters and other specified registration centers like hospitals and health centers, strategic locations at big markets and the rest.
How to Carry Out Change of Name and Date of Birth on NIMC Portal
We need to now inform you on how to change name on NIMC Portal and any other information like date of birth and others. Note, to carry out any of these changes, it is necessary and a must that you produce any of these supporting documents like your permanent or temporal voters card, international passport, drivers license or BVN.
To do your corrections, follow the following instructions carefully;
- Go to any of the NIMC enrollment centers with your NIMC Nigerian National Identity card. It is most preferred for you to do it with GTBank.
- Bring along with you one of the supporting documents like drivers license, permanent or temporal voters card or international passport.
- Ask for the enrollment officer in the NIMC Registration officer and inform her or him of your decision to change a detail.
- Provide your current National Identification Card or NIN slip.
- Collect, fill and return the NIMC correction form stating the item you wish to correct, either date of birth or name.
- The enrollment officer will give you an invoice that contains the Remita Retrieval Reference and you will need to pay the sum of #500 naira only for it. An additional #157.50 naira will be charged as the Remita fee so you will pay a total of #657.50 to any commercial bank and get the transaction printout.
- Bring back the bank transaction print out to the enrollment officer.
- The corrected data will be keyed in and the print out will be available for collection after twenty four (24hrs).
You can visit the NIMC online portal at https://www.nimc.gov.ng for other details.